The Wellspring has an immediate opening for a part-time Shelter Advocate. Responsible for providing safe shelter for battered women and their children. The shelter advocate works to empower battered and abused women and their children to make choices that result in safe, independent and violence-free lives. Please email resume to email@example.com
Mental Health Consultant for Child Care Centers
The Wellspring has an immediate opening for a full-time Mental Health Consultant in the Shreveport area. Job responsibilities include providing consultation to child care centers enrolled in the State of Louisiana’s Quality Start program, conducting seminars with staff, observing classrooms, modeling techniques, and meeting with parents. Consultants must have the ability to conceptualize a variety of cases including challenging behavior, attachment problems, developmental delays or other mental health problems, relationship difficulties etc. They must be accountable for all required documentation of services & contacts.
Skills: Physical ability to visit centers, complete consultations & documentation, strong written & oral communication skills; ability to organize & manage time; flexibility to allow working w/providers’ schedules & daily operation conflicts req.
Qualifications: Masters or Ph.D. in Counseling, Social Work, Counseling Psychology or closely related field; Appropriate licensure to practice mental health counseling is preferred. Applicants must be license eligible in the state of LA and have specialized training in infant mental health or be able to complete training, and must be able to form working relationships w/ center staff, children, & families.
Experience: 2 years clinical experience w/children & adults preferred; knowledge of child development & child care practices preferred.
Reliable transportation and computer/laptop are required.
Generous salary & benefits package for qualifying candidate. To apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Manager of Veteran Services
Job Purpose: To oversee the delivery of housing services to veterans by managing competent Case Managers, maintaining effective procedures and ensuring efficient work flow. To monitor grant requirements, grant goals, program budgets and outcomes, to prepare reports, to conduct quality assurance reviews of case files, and to provide case management to participants. Please email resume to email@example.com
Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major emphasis on social sciences
- Knowledge of community resources
- Two years of experience working with people the grant serves
· Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of current social and economic problems and the way these problems affect families and individuals.
· Ability to communicate with and be sensitive to the needs of people of various backgrounds.
· Ability to assess situations both within and outside the client system and determine priorities
· Ability to identify and use community resources.
· Ability to maintain poise and self- control in crisis situations.
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies and to be cooperative in managing referrals.
· Maintains personal appearance consistent with agency image.
· Effective in planning and arranging work responsibilities
· Ability to effectively plan, coordinate and arrange work responsibilities.
· Assumes responsibility for own learning.
· Maintains confidentiality on all clients.
· Handles delicate situations tactfully
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be receptive to new ideas
· Ability to work within the purpose structure and constraints of the agency and to make suggestions for change in a responsible manner.
· Makes good use of time and acts professionally and responsibly in all work areas.
· Exhibits strong verbal, written and technological communication skills.
Compassion: We act with compassion toward others and work for the good of others & respecting them as the authors of there own lives.
Customer Service: We work to delight our customers, both internal and external.
Integrity: We act with the integrity that promotes the highest confidence, trust and accountability.
Leadership: We demonstrate leadership in our organization and the community.
Teamwork: We work as a team, achieving more collectively than individually.
On-going in-service with local, state, regional and national workshops and conferences.
Initial and on-going training; 40 hours of annual continuing education (e.g.: staff in-services, staff meetings, conferences, self-study, grant-related study, etc.)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Will maintain a limited caseload
· Assist Director with implementing and monitoring Wellspring Veteran Programs
· Ensure the administration of program policies and procedures
· Assist the Director by monitoring expenditures and grant budget
· Completing or overseeing the completion of required reports/paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
· Monitoring grant goals and outcomes.
· Monitoring and recommending changes to current and projected program and agency policies, procedures, practices, standards and operations
· Assisting director with information that is needed for composing grant/funding proposals and with the development of such proposals
· Ensuring that all outreach activities carried out in the name of the agency are in accordance with the agency mission, policies and procedures
· Supervising directly and through delegations
· Hiring, transferring, promoting, demoting, disciplining, and terminating
· Enforcing staff certifications and licensure
· Providing educational and experiential growth opportunities
· Complying with appropriate program standards and guidelines
· Evaluating program inputs, activities, outputs, outcomes, and indicators
· Reviewing client files to ensure program eligibility, appropriate documentation and quality assurance
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by:
· Attending educational workshops
· Reviewing professional publications
· Establishing personal and community networks
· Maintains safety of clients and staff at all times by:
· Complying with agency procedures, rules and regulations
· Developing and reviewing safety procedures with staff and clients as needed
· Contributes to team effort by:
· Communicating effectively
· Exhibiting a willingness to help other staff
· Demonstrating flexibility and accommodating change
· Encouraging and supporting others
· Engaging in amenable and cooperative contacts
· Giving and receiving feedback
· Maintains agency credibility by:
· Establishing working relationships with sponsoring, advisory and related
· Ensuring an understanding of program services available
· Conducting oneself according to a professional code of ethics
Unless otherwise indicated in the job description, resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 1515 Jackson St., Monroe, LA 71202
Thank you for considering employment with The Wellspring!